Contact us – we will help you with the application

The first step is to contact us

The Finnish Immigration Service gives you advice and assists you in applying for assisted voluntary return. If you are thinking about returning home voluntarily, contact us. Together, we will look at your situation, and we will help you apply for the support and tell you about your options. If you wish, we can fill out your application together.

If you are a customer at a reception centre, contact the staff at your reception centre if you wish to return to your home country voluntarily.

Step 1

Contact us

Tell us about your situation, and we will help you. Contacting us does not oblige you to do anything.

Send us a WhatsApp message or call us:

050 413 8625

You can also send us an email:

Step 2


The Finnish Immigration Service processes your application. Your individual situation as a whole will be taken into account when the decision is made, including your family situation and your health.

The Finnish Immigration Service grants reintegration assistance either in cash or in the form of in-kind support. In-kind support can be useful when finding somewhere to live, accessing education and training or employment or starting your own business.

The Finnish Immigration Service checks with the police that assisted voluntary return is possible in your case. Before a decision on assistance is issued, you must cancel any pending residence permit applications and appeals.

After making the decision, the Finnish Immigration Service sends the decision to IOM, which will start arranging your return.

Step 3

Returning home

IOM gives you advice in many languages on returning and will book you travel tickets to your home country. If you do not have a passport, you will get help with getting a travel document from the embassy of your home country. If you have health issues, they will be taken into account in the return arrangements.

In Finland you will get:

  • travel documents and travel tickets
  • documents that have been in the possession of Finnish authorities
  • EUR 200 in cash if you are an adult, or EUR 100 in cash if you are a child, if you have been granted cash or in-kind assistance.
  • contact details for receiving return assistance in your home country

Regardless of which type of assistance you have chosen, contact IOM’s office after returning to your home country. If you have chosen cash assistance, IOM will pay you the rest of the assistance in your home country. If you have chosen in-kind support, you will draw a plan together with IOM on how you will use the support.

IOM will help you at the airports and arrange transportation for you to your home municipality.